Friday, September 28, 2007

The Honeymoon~Prince Edward Island

~Green Gables~
For our honeymoon we went to Prince Edward Island. When I was young my mother would read the Anne of Green Gables books me. As I got older I fell in love with the movies and the beautiful scenery that was in them. I was so excited when Tim told me he was taking me there for our Honeymoon! It was wonderful. The only drawback was that we went at the end of September and the tourist season ends Labor Day. But we still had a great time exploring the back roads and coastlines of this beautiful island. PEI's main crop is potatoes. You would see potatoes on the road all the time from where they fell off trucks. I can't believe that I did not take a picture. I would love to go back some day. Since I am raising another generation of "Anne" lovers they have informed me that they get to go too! Sounds like a great framily vacation, I had better start saving my pennies now.

~View from our cabin~

We got to our cabin when it was dark and did not know that we had a veiw of the ocean untill the next day.

~West Point Lighthouse~

We got to go up in this lighthouse. It was the last day before they closed for the season. Go here to read about the Light.

~View from the Lighthouse~


~another lighthouse-not sure which one~

~a little village~
You can't tell from the photo, but they paint their houses very bright and colorful.

~this reminds me of a secne from the movie~


~sunset~

4 comments:

Tamra said...

Glad you had a great time. The photos are great!

Martha C said...

My dream is to go here!

The Dickinsons said...

My family visited P.E.I when I was 13 or so and we LOVED it! It is BEAUTIFUL there!!!! My sister-in-law, Vonnie and I braided our hair in braids and got pics in front of "Green Gables". =)

Love, Heather =)

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

I wondered if your kids wanted to visit the Island. If they are "into" the Anne of Green Gables books and videos, they probably are jealous that you have seen this great place.