Monday, October 1, 2007

Breast Cancer Awareness Month


October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I lost my mother to breast cancer so this is something that is close to my heart. I found a link to thebreastcancersite.com. They have a program that all you have to do is "Click to Give" and their sponsors will donate a free mammogram to some one in need. I have a link in the left column that will take you to their sight. You can click on it every day.
Below are some facts about breast cancer and more explanation on the "Click to Give" program, that I copied from their site.

Early Detection: Do You Know The Facts?

Each year, 182,000 women are diagnosed with breast cancer and 43,300 die. One woman in eight either has or will develop breast cancer in her lifetime. In addition, 1,600 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and 400 will die this year.

If detected early, the five-year survival rate for breast cancer exceeds 95%. Mammograms are among the best early detection methods, yet 13 million U.S. women 40 years of age or older have never had a mammogram.

The National Cancer Institute and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recommend that women in their forties and older have mammograms every one to two years. A complete early detection plan also includes regular clinical breast examinations by a trained medical professional. Monthly breast self-exams are suggested in addition.
Click here and here for more information about breast cancer and the issues surrounding it.

How You Can Help In Mere Seconds — Every Day

The Breast Cancer Site provides a feel-good way to help promote awareness of breast cancer and provide free mammograms for women in need every day — through easy and quick online activities.
With a simple, daily click of the pink "Click Here to Give - it's FREE" button at The Breast Cancer Site, visitors help to provide free mammograms for women in need. Visitors pay nothing. Mammograms are provided by our charitable partners.

Please remember to click every day to fund free mammograms and give hope to women in need. Every click counts in the battle to prevent breast cancer.

So ladies it cost us nothing. Lets Click everyday to raise money for this worthy cause.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Enjoyed catching up on your life! Give your kids a squeeze! We're looking forward to being in KY in a few weeks!
Lizzy

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

Thanks for keeping us informed on this important issue. I know how much you care because of your loss. I just got a letter from a friend who is recovering from surgery. She had no symptoms. A mammogram detected the cancer in the early stages. She is hoping and praying for the best. If she had waited to detect a lump, it probably would have been too late.

The Dickinsons said...

I'm soooo sorry that your Mother passed away, how SAD! I cannot imagine! Bless your heart, I trust that God has and will help you heal, though I can imagine that one NEVER gets over loosing their mother.

Thanks for your sweet comment and congrats on our baby, we're excited! Wish you could come and help me for a little while while I'm sooo sick and tired, I'd love that! (Only, I'd want to sit you on the couch and just visit, rather than getting any work done. =)
Love, Heather =)

Anonymous said...

Patti
I so enjoyed your mom. Sister Russell was truly a special lady. She had us over several times. What a awesome cook... I always loved looking at her little figurines. Have a nice day