Thursday, September 13, 2007

Labor Day and Yard Sale

I know that Labor Day is a distant memory to most of you, but I know that my nieces and nephews are just dying to be published on my blog:-) so I am posting pictures of our Labor Day weekend.
My sister and her family, and my Dad came for the weekend, and brothers, came for Saturday. We had a great time. It was wonderful to have everyone together.
Saturday morning my bil Rob went to a yard sale, so of course the girls had to go with him. They had great fun. After lunch, all the guys took all the kids(11 kids~ages 5-19) to the park. (Thanks Rob) My sister, sister-in-law, and myself had a nice time sitting on the deck visiting. After the guys got back with the kids, they went and played golf. Hmm~do you think that's way they volunteered to take the to the park? While they were golfing, I came inside and most of the kids were playing video games of some kind. It was quiet a scene. Brittany was the only one not playing. She had gotten a hand held sewing machine at a yard sale that morning. She decided to make some clothes for her doll.
I have been to my sister's many, many, times. It was great to have them here, and take my turn at entertaining them.
Click on the picture below for pics of the weekend





Labor Day



All of our company left on Monday and I started focusing on getting the meal together for Oscar Johnson's funeral on Wednesday. They told us to plan for 150 people. This was my first big thing since becoming courtesy committee chairman. They ladies from my church are great. They pitched in and really helped and there was plenty of food. Oscar will be greatly missed. I am glad that I could be a small part to help the family during this time.

I had been planning on having a yard sale Saturday with some other families at our church parking lot. So Thursday I turned my focus to getting that together. I had known all summer that I wanted to have one sometime, so thankfully I had a lot of stuff already together. We had a pretty good turnout and I did pretty good. Most of what didn't sell went to Goodwill, so I felt like it was successful.
On a sad note, my girls thought that they had outgrown their kitchen set. They decided to sell it and get a desk for their room. It was another reminder that they are growing up. I wanted to shed a few tears but I didn't. A good friend bought it so it kind of feels like it stayed in the family.
Click on the picture below for more pics of the yard sale.




yard sale

This week I have been "recovering" from last week. We usually try to go to National Quartet Convention one night. This year I just did not feel like making the trip and getting home at 2:00 am, so we signed up to see watch it on our computer. It cost 59.95 and you get the whole week. It was cheaper than going and we get to see a lot more of it. We have really been enjoying it. We just got done watching the Singing News Fan Awards.

I guess that catches you up on our lives. I hope I don't go so long with out updating again~ it takes to long to do a post when I do!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sounds like you did a great job with the dinner, Patty! Sad to hear of his passing.
We thought of coming up for NQC, and visiting the church..but didn't work out:(...maybe next year!

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

It sounds like life has been packed full of activities lately. The yard sale reminded me of my duties in the next few weeks. Doyle has an annual band yard sale in October. You can imagine the stuff that comes in. Last year we made four thousand dollars and I was worn out. I definitely need to go through my stuff before the sale. It is a nice way for me to clean out my closets every year.

Kelly S said...

Poor Olivia! It looks like Kara is poking her in the eye with the pacifier. How did Kara's hair get like that?!