Monday, September 24, 2007

Flowers

I know that Fall is officially here but I wanted to share some pictures of my flowers that I have been enjoying this summer. They are called Tidal Wave Petunias. They started out as 6(I think) small plants, now they are taking over my sidewalk. They are so easy to grow, they do not even have to be dead headed.

Two years ago grandma gave the kids their own tomato plants in containers. They enjoyed watching them grow, and eating the tomatoes. Last year we landscaped this side of the house where the tomato were the year before. We had to pull up some tomato plants that were growing. About a month ago the kids told me that a tomato plant was growing again. Now it is taking over my flowerbed! But the kids are enjoying the tomatoes(Tim and I don"t like them). Who knew that tomato plants came up every year.

3 comments:

Jody J said...

Beautiful flowers!! Weird about the tomato plants.

LaDonna said...

We had planted tomatoes last year, but did not this year. What do ya know, they all came back and have given us about 30 tomoatoes!!! They were our "volunteer" plants, since we live in the volunteer state! Ha!

Tamra said...

The flowers are so pretty and full! I like the outdoor lighting.