Thursday, February 28, 2008

Olivia


I am sorry that you had look at my tail of woe so long. I am very tired of seeing it every time I log on but I have been trying to post for several days and have been having trouble.
Today I met Olivia's new adoptive parents. We had a meeting to discuss her transition into their home. She will start having visits over the next few weeks and then move in with them for good on March 21st.
I really liked her new family. I know that they will be good to her and they are VERY excited to adopt her, but the next few weeks are still going to be hard.
Pray for us and they kids as we prepare our hearts to say good-bye.

6 comments:

Leah said...

She's so adorable!!
It's so wonderful that you've opened your home to her during this time. I can imagine how hard it will be to let her go. Trust all goes well,

Kelly S said...

We are going to miss that little doll! So thankful the Lord found a good home for her though.

I keep meaning to tell you, I got done praying at the ladies' meeting Tuesday and immediately realized I forgot to pray for her. I've been praying for her every day - Don't know why I forgot there. I wasn't expecting to be called on to pray and didn't write down any of the requests. So sorry. It wasn't because she's not important, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

We have certainly enjoyed Olivia, she is an angel. I know you love her deeply, how fortunate for her to have been nurtured by such a precious little family. You are all special!

Anonymous said...

Patty
My parents did Foster Care for several years. I know how hard it is to give up a child. If it is any help we worried more about the kiddies that was allowed to return to parents, than the ones that were adopted. Although we missed them tremendously. Will keep you in my prayers.
Randy and I sat with your dad at a pitch in for lunch yesterday. The GBS chior was at Pilgrim.
I have alot of respect for your dad....
Have a good day
Jackie Thompson

Myranda said...

This will be so tough for you and your family - just try to remember all the good you have done for her in the time that you did have her. And be proud of yourself for helping her as much as you have for as long as you have.

Kimberly said...

I'm so glad ya'll are happy with her new family..what a blessing that she has received Your good lovin in her life!