Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

Every year I try to do a special meal for the family for Valentines Day. This has become something the kids really look forward to. Usually it is a dinner but this year, since Tim has to judge a competition tonight, I decided to do a special breakfest. We had Heart Shaped Biscuts, Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, and Fruit and Yogurt Smoothies.
I did not want to spend alot of money on trinkets and stuffed animals for Valintines gifts so the kids got some candy and the first season of Little House on the Priarie on DVD.


Olivia enjoying her heart sucker.


Visiting Valentines Past~

This is one of the kids favorite Valentine meals ever. It was in 05 and they still talk about it. We had Stuffed Chicken, Scallopped Potaoes, Green Beans, Yeast Rolls, and Chocolate Mousse in a Chocolate Ball w/ Strawberries.

Boy time flies~I can't believe how they are growing up!



To make the Chocolate Bowls just blow up small balloons and dip them into melted chocolate. Let the chocolate harden and then pop the balloon.
Fill with Chocolate Mousse(I just used a store bought mix) and Strawberries. You could also use ice cream if you did not want to mess with the Mousse.
So if you don't have anything special planned for your family tonight, give this a try~they will love it!


Tim and I have a fun weekend planned~can't wait!

6 comments:

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

What a yummy breakfast. I love the heart-shaped biscuits. Julianna is looking over my shoulder and thought the chocolate bowls were a good idea. I also showed your post to Mom and she began to sing your praises. We saw your dad last night. What a neat surprise.

Maplewood Labradors said...

Hope you have a great weekend. Happy Valentine's Day.

Nancy said...

I love the chocolate bowls and mousse idea! Yum! I will have to try that soon!

Kelly S said...

Great idea. I still haven't made Valentine's day a big deal to my kids. I feel we give them so much of our time and attention all year, that Valentine's is for me and David. However, I did feel a little guilty this year, so I may have to change my selfishness! (Especially if they see this post!)

Anonymous said...

Patty, I loved the chocolate bowl idea. You are such a good mommy. I bet the kids wake up everyone morning wondering what you're going to do next, that's nice for them.
I'm happy I found your blog. I'll be able to keep up to date now!!
Your old friend,
Deb T

Patty said...

Deb, So glad that you "found" me. Thanks for your kind comments. We do not have that special of a day everyday. Most days are just plan old days.
Hope you stop back often,
Patty