Monday, February 18, 2008

My "Fun" Weekend

My fun weekend, referred to in my last post, was supposed to start out Friday night with a night away with my wonderful husband, spend the day Saturday "dragging" him shopping and then Saturday night go to a Jeff Allen show. Jeff Allen is a very funny Christian Comedian, and one of our favorites. My sitter plans for Friday night fell through, but we still planned on having Saturday together and going t0 see Jeff Allen in the evening. We already had the tickets. We were really looking forward to this weekend because our trip for our 15th anniversary in September fell through.
My weekend turned into being sick and staying home with a sick family. Tim got sick on Thursday, Charlie got sick on Friday, Chris and I got sick on Saturday, the baby got sick on Sunday and Brittany got sick today. Walter is the only one that has not gotten sick. He is not showing any signs of sickness yet so maybe he will ecscape it.
We were pretty disappointed but ended up having a nice relaxing weekend as family. Sunday for me is usually a very tiring day, and Olivia is at the age that I usually spend more time in the nursery than in service. Yesterday I got into more church then I have in a while. I heard GBS sing at Frankfort Bible Holliness. Listened to my brother teach his sunday school class at Franklin Pilgrim Holiness Church, went to two services at Hobe Sound Camp, AND got to stay in my PJ's all day!
I have always said that half of the fun of a trip is the planning and looking forward to it. So since we WILL get to take that trip someday, I still have something to look forward to!!!

4 comments:

LaDonna said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you missed Jeff Allen. He is one of our favorite comedians!!! Hope you all are on the mend now.

Liz said...

Hey, Patti! I have homeschooling research on my mind right now and was trying to remember what you all do. Can you refresh my memory? A link on my blog or I can check back here . . .

Thanks a lot!
Lizzy

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

I really hope you all have recovered from your "fun weekend". I know you were disappointed. Hopefully you can plan another time that doesn't result in sick activity.

Kelly S said...

Me too! I was right there at Hobe Sound with ya!