Monday, March 3, 2008



OK~so I am going to jump on this bandwagon of Menu Plan Monday. But I am going to add a twist. Every day I am having at least one recipe that I have gotten off of someones blog. I have started a three ring binder so when I see a recipe someone has posted, I print it off and put it in my binder to try later. I am looking forward to this week but also have a little trepidation because of all the new recipes that will take more time to prepare then my old handy~dandy favorites. I have been in a rut lately so this should shake things up a bit.

Monday~ Pork Chops, Baked French Fries, Peas

Tuesday~Nacho Chicken Casserole, Salad

Wednesday~Crock-pot Lasagna, Green beans

Thursday~ Oven-Fried Chicken, Corn, Scalloped Potatoes

Friday~ Pizza(game night at church)

Saturday~Out to eat

Now that I have typed it out it does not sound that bad, only four new meals. That means that I have several more recipes that I still want to try. Maybe next week.

I am enjoying this glorious day of nice weather. The kids have been having a blast outside.

Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Patty, how was the nacho chicken casserole? Just one question for you, how in the tarnation did you modify the recipe for oven fries? I think I will have to multiply the recipe by ten if I'm calculating correctly, who in the world eats one potatoe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the concept of meal planning, far more economical than eating out or last minute splurge grocery buying. It really works the savings are wonderful and we certainly do eat better. Thanks for all the great ideas.

Patty said...

Kim,
The Nacho chicken casserole was WONDERFUL. We will definately have that one again.
As for the oven fries, since I hardly ever follow a recipe exactly,(except baking) I just did one potatoe per person and about a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of oil and kind of guessed at the seasonings(I did not have paprika so I made up my own seasonings). Tossed them all together and baked a 350 untill tender. They were not my favorite but were pretty good.

Myranda said...

Enjoyed looking over your menu - so interesting to see other people's meals!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word Patty, I made the crock pot lasagna tonight, one whole side of the thing burnt to a crisp!! It was really good, you just had to dig around to find parts that weren't charcoaled. I sprayed my pot, obviously I missed one side or else the noodles fried to the one side. My pot really cooks fast though. How was yours? Thank goodness Emily made chocolate chip cookies for desert or we would have starved!!!!!!!!!

Patty said...

Kim, You crack me up! Mine started to get burned on one side so I turned it down. I don't think it needs to be cooked on high. I did not like it as well as lasagna but I thought it would be good for a pitch in meal.