Friday, October 26, 2007

Brown County, Indiana

Every Fall we take a trip to Nashville, Indiana, with my brother and his family. We have only missed one year out of the last seventeen. Over the years, we have grown from 2 couples and 1 baby to 2 couples and 8 kids! It is fun to shop in all the great stores, but the best thing for me is getting to spend the day with some of my favorite people. Yeah~ that brother who use to drive me crazy and pick on me when we were kids is now a great friend.
I took along my camera and took pictures of some of our favorite places that are a most stop ever year.


The Holly Shop~usually our first stop

The Toy Chest and the Candy Emporium are a favorite with the kids.

The Candy Dish is a must stop for the adults to get our Fudge Fix.

Our favorite place to eat is Hob Nob Corner Restaurant. When I suggested to Tim that maybe we could try somewhere new this year, he looked at me like I had lost my mind:-)

This is what the guys do most of the day~wait on us to come out of the store(Tim is really not mad~just a bad picture) The guys really are great about being patient.
The little guys waiting
Chris getting a ride from his cousin Byron.
We had a great day. The only bad thing about the day was that I forgot my wallet at home with all the cash that I had gotten out of the bank the night before. Oh Well~ I didn't need to spent much anyway and it kept me from getting stuff I really did not need, because if I wanted to by something I had to have Tim come in and pay with his debit card. I really made me think about if I really needed or wanted something:-)

4 comments:

Regi said...

Did you say "debt" card on purpose? LOL I guess some people might look at it that way!

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

I remember going to Brown County when I lived in Indiana. I enjoyed it so much. Doyle and the kids have never been. I was trying to explain what it is like. Were the leaves pretty there? I know that this is a great place to visit when the leaves turn. I love the picture of the little guys waiting. They have to learn young to wait on the shopping women.

Nancy said...

LOVE that picture of the boys. Very cute! (I'm not sure any of them would want to be called cute, but they are!)

Leah said...

Hi Patty,
So nice to chat with you at Homecoming. I finally figured this out. :-) Keep in touch.