Thursday, June 21, 2007

Turning Our Hearts Toward Home

Veiw from the deck of our cabin.
The past week we have been vacationing in the Great Smoky Mountains. Tim loves to vacation here, so that was his birthday surprise. The first part of the vacation we were joined by Tim's parents, and his brother's family. This was the first time that we have all vacationed together. We woke Tim up about 6:30 on his birthday and told him to get up we were going to Gatlinburg! He was so surprised that it took us a while to convince him!!
WE~
  • relaxed on the deck
  • rode go-carts
  • shopped
  • took pictures
  • went swimming
  • saw some shows
  • ate to much food
  • took more pictures
  • stayed up to late
  • went to Wonderworks
  • climbed a rock wall
  • rode more go carts
  • went swimming some more
  • played in the creek
  • shopped some more(just a little)
  • took even more pictures
  • made lots of wonderful memories

Fun was had by all, but now my heart is longing for home. We will be home tonight, but it may take me a couple of days to recover and find time to post some of my over 800 pictures.(I won't post all of them~I promise)

3 comments:

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

Everything sounds so exciting. I'm a little jealous. We are looking forward to seeing pictures of your vacation.

Janella Thompson said...

Gatlinburg!! ~Sigh~ My favorite vacation place of all time. (Orlando, Flordia in the fall or winter is a close 2nd) A friend and I were just talking today about how great of a place it is. I love the discount Christian bookstore and the Scrapbook store they have!!!

Nancy said...

What a neat surprise! I'm so glad you were able to keep it all a secret! Looks like you all had a relaxing time....that makes two of us!(two families, that is)