Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sprucing Up

Tim was on spring break last week so I put him to work around the house. This is what our steps looked like. I still really liked it but the wall paper was starting to come off in places so we went for a new look.
Tim stripped the wall paper, painted, and put up chair rail. The color on the bottom is the same color as my living room.
I have been wanting a coat rack on the wall coming in from garage, so Tim built this for me. We(Tim) painted the wall a dark blue. I am still trying to decide if I want the whole room painted this color. I am going to decorated this room with a nautical theme.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cool........... I love the new look, I adore chair railing. The coat rack and storage bins are wonderful, it really keeps me focused when things are organized and symmetrical. You have motivated me, this place over here is totally in need of some TLC.

Michele said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. I love the blue wall and coat rack! I need you to come decorate for me.

Leah said...

How nice!!
I love those shelving units with cubby holes!

Tamra said...

How nice to have a handyman for a husband. I REALLY like the coat rack. The stair wall looks nice also. Well done Tim!

LaDonna said...

I love the coat rack wall, but I would only have that wall be the dark blue and leave the others white. I think it makes the room look smaller if you have too much dark paint. Just my opinion. Those cubbies are adorable!!! And I love the chair rail, it looks great.

Nancy said...

I LOVE the coat rack and the bins. The bins were my favorite. I also like the stairs better....how nice that Tim can do all that for you!

Martha C said...

Great improvements! I am such a "rack and bin" type of person.

Anonymous said...

Patti...nice job on your new look!

--Deb

Char said...

BEE-U-TI-FUL!!! Wish I had that kind of decorating stuff in me! You could run for Martha Stewart or the Southern Living magazine editor.