Monday, July 23, 2007

Living My Dream and Feeling So Blessed

Today as I was making a meal for a friend who just had a baby, my husband came in the kitchen and ask me if everything was OK. I told him that I was living my dream. When I was in college, a professor had us write an essay about what we wanted to be doing in 10 years. Well it's been a "little" more than ten years and I have no idea where that essay is, but I remember what I wrote. I said that in 10 years that I wanted to be a stay-at-home mom, and make meals and do things for people in need. I guess the reason, I said it, was because of my Mother's example. If someone was sick or had just moved my Mother would take in a meal. In the last 4 days I have~ made Banana Bread (thanks for the recipe Heather) for some neighbors who just moved in~made dessert for some friends going through a tough time~and made dinner for my friend who had a baby.
We were married for seven years before becoming parents, but I always knew that someday I would be a Mommy. Now here I sit with 4 great kids, a wonderful husband, living my dream, and feeling blessed beyond measure.
These last few days I have been overwhelmed with the blessing the Lord has given us, but have been hesitant to blog about it because I do not want to come across as boasting. We went through some really tough times in 2004 and 2005, but God was so faithful to carry us through those times. Two years ago Tim fell at work and the course of our lives was changed forever. There were times of uncertainty and worry, times of questioning why this had to happen to us. What would we do for a living? how would we make it? I am here to tell you that God always takes care of his children. To make a long story short, Tim had a disability insurance policy through his work. They are paying Tim while he goes to school. Tim said many times that he wanted to change careers and maybe go to school. Now he is getting paid while going to school full time. God is abundantly supplying our needs. I do not want to take Gods blessing for granted, but want to do my part in passing blessings on to others.
Sometimes people say "God is so faithful" when things are going well. I can tell you that God is faithful all the time. He knows the paths that He has for us. When we are in the middle of the storm it is not aways easy to understand what God is trying to do, but when you get on the other side, it is so great to see how he lead you through.

5 comments:

Kelly S said...

And what an awesome job you do! You're a beautiful hostess and always thinkins of others.

I was one of those that received the blessing this week! We very much enjoyed your dessert. Mom served it to the church people and it was devoured. There were only two tiny pieces left and they all said to thank you. Very much appreciated!

Kelly S said...

By the way, I'm not up at 2:30 a.m. because I'm addicted to blogging. David had a meeting tonight so I'm enjoying my "alone" time and waiting up for him. I don't know though, if you ask David he would probably say I'm an addict in denile:)

Martha C said...

What a beautiful post, and I have enjoyed some of those yummy meals that came from your Mother!

Tamra said...

I'm happy that you are able to live out your dream. I have fond memories of your mom. What a sweet lady! You seem to be following in her footsteps.

Catrena said...

What a beautiful post. Very encouraging to me, just a great reminder of His faithfulness. We're in a "waiting" phase in our lives right now, but I KNOW that He is able to do exceedingly, abudantly above all that we could ask or even think.