Tuesday, July 8, 2008

July 4th Weekend Part 1

We spent the 4th with some of my family in Indiana. We had a really nice time at my cousin Bethany and Tom's house. Some of the family were not able to make it and we really missed them. It was rainy in the morning so we missed the parade, but it cleared off in the afternoon, but still a bit chilly.
My Dad cooked ribs and chicken in his big smoker that he made himself~always a big highlight when we get together. That night we went and watched fireworks. It was a great day spent with some of my favorite people in the world!
My Dad the BBQ'er

My Dad's smoker that he designed and built himself.

My brother Ron~the other chief of the day cutting up the chickens!
(looking on is my cousin Bethany~and snitching the food is Tim)

Tom and Bethany's beautiful house


Even though it was cold, the kids still played in the sprinkler.

Playing Frisbee while waiting for fireworks to begin

My niece Joya, brother Keith, s-i-l Glenda, Aunt Marilyn, cousin Bethany and her husband Tom

Some of the kids watching fireworks~~they are nether drunk or asleep, I think the flash caught them by surprise.

No comments: