Saturday, June 14, 2008

I'm HOME!!!

I know it has been a long time since I posted~~but I have a good excuse. Last week we took a mini vacation and visited family in Indiana. We got home Saturday evening, and Sunday evening we got a call from our Pastor saying that there had been a death related to our church. He had to stay and preach the funeral so he wanted to know if we could drive one of the vans of young people to youth camp. They were meeting at the church a 7:00 A.M. the next morning!
So I started packing for 7 people at 10:00 Sunday night and we left the house at about 6:20 the next morning.
We had 2 vans full of kids and a truck full of luggage on a very long 8 hour trip to Alabama, but it was a fun trip and great to see our young people seek God.
Brittany was old enough to go to camp this year but Tim and I decided that we were not sending her that far away without us since she is only 12. So she was very happy we were going! When we got there we found out that they had several 11 year old campers, so we let Walter be on a team but he had to stay with us at night. He was beside himself!
We got home at 2:45 this morning. I will post pictures later but since we did not have Internet all week, I have 235 items in my Google reader and 110 e-mails.

I would also like to wish Tim a Happy Birthday. He ushered in his birthday somewehere around Louisville driving a van full of teenagers:-} Happy Birthday Babe!

3 comments:

meluvzmb said...

Lot's of fun haha ! I have some pics of Walter in tug-of-war so I'll have to get them to you:)

Esther said...

You guys were awesome!!! Thanks for putting up with all our screaming, laughing, etc.!!!

Anonymous said...

It was good to see you guys at Youth Camp! Thanks for making the trip and bringing some great kids!