Saturday, November 24, 2007

It's Begining To Look Alot Like Christmas

We have had our Christmas tree up since last week. This is the earliest that we have ever put up our tree. I am usually a stickler for waiting until after Thanksgiving, but the kids were begging and since we were going out of town for Thanksgiving I gave in. I've got to say it was really nice coming home and having that Christmas task already done. The kids and Tim did most of the tree which was really nice. We love alot of lights on our tree. We kind of lost count but there are at least 2500 lights. I do not have all of my stuff up but here are some pictures of the decorations so far.

Tim putting on lights while the kids straighten out the next branches.
Walter helping with the lights.
Chris's turn to help with the lights.
The kids put on all of the decorations.

My carolers above my closet.
My snowmen

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe I wouldn't have minded putting on the lights if I had done it like your husband. I always hated that task. We liked a lot of lights too. The first year I did our tree I think we had around 3,000. I put them on so thick that we had to keep buying more. We melted the plug. It is a wonder we didn't burn down the house. It was so funny though because we could just light the tree and it lit up the whole room.

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

It looks great. I agree with the idea of getting the decorations done before Thanksgiving. We put ours up because we were having company and I know how crazy it gets once Thanksgiving is over. I am so glad we did. I can concentrate on all I have to get done in a few short weeks.

Martha C said...

It all looks so nice! I love the effect of the street lamp.

Kelly S said...

I love the picture of the kids peering out the window! Your site looks so cozy and inviting. Did you use that picture in Christmas cards that year? Street lamp? I'll have to go back and look.

Kelly S said...

ah yes, cute street lamp. I think I gave you the blue snowman. (?) I was so afraid the kids were going to break the carrot nose before I got it to you.

Leah said...

Very nice, Patty!

Jana said...

Hey Patty,

Thanks for the comment on my blog--It's been a long time!! :-) Great to hear from you. Your tree looks beautiful!