Friday, August 31, 2007

With school starting and babysitting a 15 month old who has found the freedom of walking, I have not been blogging near as much. So here is a quick update of our life.

Babies~
The kids were doing school, and I asked Brittany to keep and eye on the babies while a took a quick bathroom break. This is what I found when I got back. She had put each one in a laundry basket with pillows and toys, and they were happily playing. Brittany and Charlie are both a big help with the babies. They make my life easier, they enjoy it, and they are learning a lot about taking care of babies for when they become mommies.
Brittany, Terry, and Olivia
Olivia's Swing~

Tim hung a swing for Olivia and she really enjoys it.

She even likes to sleep in it.


The Moving Wall~

The Moving Wall is a half size replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. It travels around the country, giving people who have never been to Washington D.C. an opportunity to honor those who gave their lives. The wall was at a park near us last week, so we took they kids to see it. I am so thankful to the men and women who are willing to serve our great country to protect our freedom. You can go here for a schedule to see if the Wall will be near you.
The fifty state flags on the walkway leading to the Wall.
Our kids with the Kentucky State Flag
Remembering
Our kids at the Wall

My sister and family are coming tonight for the weekend, and the rest of my family is coming tomorrow for the day. I am really looking forward to everyone being together. It will be the first time since Christmas that we have all been together at the same time. Hopefully I will have lots of good picks next week. ~~Now I have to go get busy to get ready for them.
HAVE A GREAT LABOR DAY!!

3 comments:

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

Brittany is doing a great job of learning what moms have to do to get things done. That girl is multi-task. The wall is very special. I remember going to Washington and feeling so overwhelmed with gratitude to those who gave so much. Have a good time with your sister--make her some of that cake. She will love it.

Martha C said...

I love the basket and pillows. Smart thinking and too cute! :-)

The Dickinsons said...

Patty, I just made your Double Choc. Zucchini cake for our Sunday dinner. When I told my husband what I had made he wasn't very impressed with the sound of the cake. He replied, why don't we just slice some zucchini and dump some choc. on it? =D But, he did like it and had several pieces. =) I posted a couple pics of my cake and put a LINK to your blog saying that you had posted the recipe. =)

When I visited Washington, DC., I too, was in awe and very Thankful for all who have given us our freedom! I like the new antique pics of your kids. I've always wanted to do that with my kids, but unfortunately, they don't take those kinds of pictures here in Colombia. =)
Have a wonderful day,
Love, Heather =)