Monday, August 20, 2007

First Day of School


Today we started our fifth year of home schooling. It has been a great, terrifying, wonderful, frustrating, rewarding journey. I know that other home school moms know what I am talking about. I am not one that thinks that everyone should home school, it is just what we have decided to do. Thankfully our kids enjoy it. I have to confess, sometimes the idea of them going to school, and having a little break from them, sounds really good. But overall I am thankful for this extra time that I have to mold them.
One of the great benefits of home schooling is that I did not have to send my little guy off today. Yes, my baby started kindergarten. He was still sleepy when I went to wake him up, but excited that the big day was finally here.



Ready to get started.



Intently listening to his teacher.



Brittany, Walter, and Charlie were also excited to get started on a new year. Last year we started using the Bob Jones HomeSat. The kids really enjoyed it, and did well. With having four kids in four different grades this works out good for me, because I feel confident they are getting everything that they need.


Charlie~4th grade and Brittany~6th grade
Walter~5th grade.


4 comments:

LaDonna said...

We have ONE MORE WEEK before we start!!! I have to get in our school room and get it ready, but I am so glad that I haven't had to send my baby off to school, too! Looks like your kids are having a good time!

Ronda said...

As a new blogger...Just wanted you know I absolutely LOVE the Victorian pictures on your blog...They are adorable! Your kids are cute! AND as a new homeschooling Mom...hope that your school year goes well too. I loved the fact that I didn't have to send my kids "off".The first week has gone well for us....

Esther Hilling said...

Patty,
We hope the year goes well for you. We are using the BJU DVD set. Thanks for the recommendation. We have previewed all of Melanie and Alayna's classes, and we're excited. Sorry we didn't get back with you sooner, things have been pretty hectic the last few weeks.

Hopefully we'll see you in October -- we should be in Cincy for a few days.

Martha C said...

Happy homeschooling! I hope your year goes well. I also love it (most of the time). It is my belief that it is the best way to rear your children, so I try to count each day as an opportunity to grow together.