Tuesday, September 9, 2008

McCain-Palin!!!


Today we left our house at 5:40 and drove about 45min, stood in a long line and then waited for 3 hours in the rain to see John McCain and Sarah Palin. And it was worth it!!! I had prayed that we would be able to shake hands with the candidates, but when we got there and saw how many people were already there, I kind of gave up. But God worked it out that we got to be right on the line where they walked from, and back to their bus.We were pretty close to the podium but behind it. That was OK with me to be able to shake hands with them!


Senator John McCain ~ with Tim's hand reaching out


Gov.Sarah Palin ~She was very gracious and personable. When asked for an autograph I heard her say "Thank-you for asking me to do that" ~WOW


Todd Palin~he was almost as popular as his wife. He looked like he was having the time of his life.

Our view of the podium.

The Straight Talk Express

This was while we were waiting in line.


This girl was beside us and I had her pegged as a liberal. Sure enough while they were speaking she pulled out a sign thath said "Be a Maveric Stop Global Warming."

6 comments:

Michele said...

You got some great pictures! Wasn't it a fantastic day. So glad you got to shake their hands. We were up close to the front but not close enough for handshakes, oh well we still had a great time that won't soon be forgotten!

Tamra said...

Wow! How neat you got to shake their hands! Being there was worth the wait and standing in the rain.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Cool! Sounds like fun, wish I could have been there. Oh well, congrats on shaking the President's hand.:-D

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

Wow!! I am sure it was a day that your family will long remember. You got some great pictures of the future leaders of our country.

Tamra said...

Patty, I hope you don't mind if I put a couple of your rally photos on my facebook. I was going to get your permission first, but I had the rally album on the edit page all night and it went ahead and put the album on my page without me saving my choices. If you do care, I will promptly take them off. Thanks! And feel free to snag any of mine! :)

Becky said...

Hey, Patty, don't see very much of you guys but your trip sounded very exciting even if you did it in the rain. Once in a life time thing maybe. Great blog.